Objective: Write a series of quests, events, and NPC gossip panes to guide players through unraveling the mysteries of Karazhan. These quests will explore non-essential bosses throughout the tower, many of whom were not targeted in previous quests, and expand on the tower’s history before and after Medivh’s arrival.
This quest series fits the model of an in-game event that is oriented around delivering a complete, one-time story, similar to the Elemental Bonds quest-chain in Cataclysm. It could also be implemented as a single long-form scenario or a sequence of scenarios, similar to the Throne of Thunder scenarios implemented in Patch 5.2.
- Phase 0: Lead-in Quests
- Faction leader quests directing players to Karazhan.
- Phase 1: The Last Testament of Arcanagos
- Help Kalecgos deal with the undead threat.
- Bonus Objective 1: Meeting with the Maiden
- Assist Brann Bronzebeard and confront the Maiden of Virtue.
- Phase 2: Needles in the Stacks
- Assist Tyrigosa in her magical investigations in the Guardian’s Library.
- Phase 3: Breadcrumbs in Time
- Assist Chromie with the mystery of the temporal anomaly.
- Phase 4: The Far Reaches of Madness
- Escort Tyrigosa to the Gamesman’s Hall.
- Bonus Objective 2: Ythyar’s Betrayal
- Help Tyrigosa unravel the Ethereal plot.
- Phase 5: The Time-Lost Legion
- Assist the Echo of Medivh in purging the demonic presence.
- Final Phase: Good Night, Sweet Prince
- Defeat Prince Malchezzar.
Note that the two bonus objectives can be skipped.